Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Food And Diapers

Dear MamaJo,

I would like to know how I'm supposed to buy much needed food and diapers with no money?


This question was asked me tongue in cheek but I am going to take it seriously. Here are some of the options I am familiar with.

1) Check with your local community for food banks. Don't forget to call churches as many run their own programs. Google can be your friend here.

2) Angel Food Ministries is a great source for low cost, high quality food. This website will help you find one local to you. http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

3) Start a food bank at your own church. This way you can help yourself and others. Don't forget to call the local grocery stores and volunteer to pick up thier out of date bread and meat.

4) Call your local crisis pregnancy centers and see if they can help you on the diaper front. They may have some or some coupons.

5) Here is a website with a free pattern for making cloth diapers. Maybe you could find the materials at a thrift store. http://www.diaperjungle.com/sewing-cloth-diapers.html

I am certain there are way more resources and ideas than I know about. Maybe people will post them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment